We love cooking—and we know you do too! Discover our favorite recipes and create something delicious.
Savory and sweet, this mouthwatering recipe will make you want to go back for seconds.
- 1 1/2 lbs. thin carrots, whole
- 1 1/2 lbs. sweet potatoes, chopped, 1" squares
- 2 red onions, sliced thickly
- 1/2 lbs. rutabaga, chopped, 1" squares
- 1 1/2 lbs. parsnips, sliced diagonally, very thin
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fine sea salt
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped rosemary
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons dry Herbes de Provence
- 1 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
Preheat the oven to 350° F. In a large bowl combine all of the vegetables. Add the oil, salt, pepper, herbs and rosemary and toss to coat well. Place the vegetables on a large roasting pan or two baking sheets, making sure they are all level and not on top of one another. Place in the oven and cook for about 45 minutes, until the point of a sharp knife spears the vegetables easily.
When the vegetables are cooking in the oven, place the maple syrup and balsamic vinegar in a pan and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer slowly until it has reduced by about half and is nice and thick. Once the vegetables are ready, lightly drizzle some of the syrup over them and return to the oven for 5 more minutes. Serve warm or store in the refrigerator until ready to use.Recipes Home
Welcome to the New Leaf Community Markets Recipes
Discover recipes on organic and natural foods, nutrition, and cooking, from expert chefs and the local community!