We love cooking—and we know you do too! Discover our favorite recipes and create something delicious.
Sweet apples, flavorful pumpkin and spicy curry blend together in this rich, vegan soup that embodies the best flavors of fall.
- 1 pie pumpkin (or butternut squash), about 3 cups cubed, skin and seeds removed
- 2 apples cored, peeled and cut into cubes
- 3 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 6 cloves of garlic (add them whole, the blender will do the work later)
- 3 Tablespoons red curry paste
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 1 can coconut milk
- 4 cups veggie broth
- 3 Tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- ¼ - 1 teaspoon cayenne to your level of heat
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Optional garnish: Swirl of coconut milk, chopped cilantro, sliced red chilis
In a large pot over medium heat, heat the coconut oil. Add the onion and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook until soft and translucent and add garlic cloves, curry paste, ginger, and cayenne. Cook until fragrant, about 2-3 more minutes.
Add the squash, apples and broth to the pot. Bring to a boil, cover, and cook over low heat for 20-30 minutes until the squash and apples are very soft. Process the soup in a blender or food processor in small batches until smooth and return to pot.
Add the can of coconut milk and heat over medium. Soup should be spicy, slightly sweet and quite thick. Garnish by drizzling in tablespoon of coconut milk, sprinkling with chopped cilantro and a few slices of red chili peppers.Recipes Home
Welcome to the New Leaf Community Markets Recipes
Discover recipes on organic and natural foods, nutrition, and cooking, from expert chefs and the local community!