|New Leaf's Giving Programs|
New Leaf contributes over 10% of profits annually to local non-profit groups.
|Types of Giving Programs|
|Donations, Community Sponsorships and Advertising |
For more information about how to request a donation from New Leaf or which donation is best for you.
Six days a year, a local non-profit organization receives 5% of the days total sales from New Leaf.
Every time a customer reuses or brings her or his own bag they receive an Envirotoken. For every Envirotoken, New Leaf donates money to the local environmental non-profit chosen by the customer.
Shop at New Leaf with E-Cards. Earn money for your school. Eat natural and organic foods. Easy!
|During the holiday season, Smart Chicken matches one lbs. of chicken for every 10 lbs. of chicken purchased by New Leaf shoppers to donate to local food banks. Purchase chicken during November and December to donate to your local foodbank!|
BizAid for AIDS
For ten days following Thanksgiving New Leaf contributes a percentage of sales to the Santa Cruz AIDS Project.
New Leaf receives and honors hundreds of donation requests each year. Due to the volume of requests, we have created a few important parameters for our giving programs.
- We give only to local organizations. You must walk into New Leaf and pick up a Donation Request or Community Day form. We do not fax or email blank forms.
- Your request must be submitted 6-8 weeks in advance of your need for the donation.
- Your request must be completely and legibly filled out and must include the Federal Tax ID Number of your organization.
- All requests must be returned to the “COMMUNITY RESOURCES BOX” at the Westside or Downtown Santa Cruz, Capitola or Half Moon Bay stores.
- We do not make contributions to political candidates, partisan political organizations, or lobbying groups.
- We do not sponsor or donate to individuals.
- We support teams for school-age kids, but not adults.