First New Seasons Market Opens in San Jose
Thousands of San Jose residents came out for the grand opening celebration of New Seasons Market Evergreen, at 5667 Silver Creek Valley Rd. in San Jose on Saturday, March 14. All day long, a tasting fair took place throughout the store featuring vendor partners including Clover Dairy, Country Natural Beef, Diestel Family Turkey Ranch, Laura Chenel?s Chèvre, and Just Desserts. Just outside on picnic tables, kids enjoyed painting ceramic tiles that will be used to create a permanent mural in the store café area.
Under a beautiful blue sky, festivities began with an impressive performance by the Joseph George Middle School drum line. CEO of New Seasons Market, Wendy Collie, welcomed familiar and new faces into the store. ?We?re thrilled to bring the ultimate neighborhood grocery experience to the Evergreen community. In response to input from you, the store carries more choices; you?ll find everything from local and organic, to classic favorites such as Jif Peanut Butter in one convenient stop. While the product mix has changed, you?ll find the same friendly faces and the same support for your community,? she remarked. Later in the morning, Wendy was presented a commendation by San Jose Vice Mayor Rose Herrera.
The community is invited to enjoy free activities all week and to explore what the store has to offer.
- Sunday, March 15: Tasting Fair from 10:30 am ? 5 pm featuring New Seasons Market vendor partners, free
- Monday, March 16: Gluten Free Store Tour highlighting customer favorites from 2pm ? 3pm, free (RSVP at: Lana.Sumati@newseasonsmarket.com)
- Tuesday, March 17: For St. Patrick?s Day, a pop-up green smoothie bar will be blending healthy green drink samples from 11 am ? 3 pm, free, and traditional Irish fare such as corned beef and cabbage will be served at the Hot Bar.
- Wednesday, March 18: New Seasons Market Store Tour; who we are and what we?re about. Free samples and goodie bags included, 11 am ? 12 pm, free (RSVP to Lana.Sumati@newseasonsmarket.com)
- Thursday, March 19: ?Kid?s Craft Corner? in the Community Classroom: drop your kids off for a fun activity while you shop from 2:30 pm ? 4:30 pm, free
- Friday, March 20: Wine tasting and food pairing from 5 pm ? 7 pm, free
- Saturday and Sunday, March 21 & 22: Wellness sale features free samples, Q&A with nutrition experts and 20 percent off all vitamins, supplements and body care products.
About New Seasons Market
Founded in 2000, New Seasons Market is a leader in the grocery industry. New Seasons Market offers a product mix that gives customers choice and convenience with an extensive selection of local, natural and organic products as well as everyday name-brand items. It is the first grocer in the world to become a Certified B Corporation, which recognizes businesses that place as much value on taking care of their staff, the community and the environment as they do on growing and operating their business. Giving back to the community is a core value and part of New Seasons Market?s culture, demonstrated by the company?s commitment to giving 10 percent of its after-tax profits to hundreds of nonprofit organizations that work to end hunger, educate youth and protect the environment. In 2013 alone, the company donated to more than 1,000 nonprofits and community organizations in the neighborhoods it serves. With 2,900 employees, the independently owned grocer operates 15 stores in the Portland-Vancouver area and is one of the Portland area?s largest private employers. Three additional stores are scheduled to open between 2015 and 2016. In 2013, New Leaf Community Markets, a like-minded natural grocer, joined New Seasons Market as a wholly owned subsidiary. Currently, five New Leaf stores operate in California?s Central Coast and East Bay region under this partnership. Want to learn more about New Seasons? Click here.