We love cooking—and we know you do too! Discover our favorite recipes and create something delicious.
- 1 butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and diced (3 cups diced)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary (or 1 1/2 teaspoon fresh)
- 1 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk, warmed
- Pinch nutmeg
- 8 oz. whole wheat penne, shells, or macaroni
- 3/4 cup sharp provolone, shredded
- 1/2 cup Parmigiano Reggiano, freshly grated
Preheat oven to 425 ˚F. Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil and lightly grease with cooking spray. In a large bowl toss squash and rosemary with olive oil to coat and season with kosher salt and pepper. Spread in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Roast in preheated oven for 30-40 minutes, turning occasionally, until tender and golden.
Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain; set aside. Sauté the shallots and garlic in olive oil over medium heat until tender. Stir in the flour and cook for 30 seconds. Slowly whisk in the milk, 1/2 cup at a time, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until thickened. Then season with a pinch of nutmeg and salt and pepper to taste.
In a large bowl, toss to combine roasted squash, cooked pasta, sauce, and the Provolone and Parmesan (reserving some cheese to sprinkle on top). Pour into a lightly greased 9×9 baking dish. Sprinkle with the reserved cheese. Bake in oven for 10 minutes, until golden and bubbling. Let it set for several minutes before serving.Recipes Home
Welcome to the New Leaf Community Markets Recipes
Discover recipes on organic and natural foods, nutrition, and cooking, from expert chefs and the local community!