We love cooking—and we know you do too! Discover our favorite recipes and create something delicious.
- For the plum filling
- 10 large plums pitted and cubed
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1⁄2 tsp cinnamon
- 1⁄4 tsp nutmeg
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp cornstarch or arrowroot
- For the oat topping
- 1⁄2 all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp cornstarch or arrowroot
- 3⁄4 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 6 tbsp butter
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 350F
2. In a medium bowl, combine plums, lemon zest, lemon juice, cinnamon, nutmeg, brown sugar and cornstarch. Stir to combine and evenly coat fruit. Pour filling into an 8x8” baking dish and set aside.
3. In a medium mixing bowl, combine the all purpose flour, cornstarch, rolled oats, and brown sugar. Add the butter, and using a pastry cutter (a couple of forks will work, too) work the butter into the flour to form a course, well combined meal. Add pecans to mixture.
4. Cover fruit filling evenly with the oat topping and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until golden brown and bubbly. If topping is browning too quickly, tent the pan with aluminum foil halfway through to prevent burning.
5. Let cool slightly and serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or organic whipped cream!Recipes Home
Welcome to the New Leaf Community Markets Recipes
Discover recipes on organic and natural foods, nutrition, and cooking, from expert chefs and the local community!